A Poetry Daily Prose Feature:
"Donald Hall is that rarest of literary breeds: a poet popular in his lifetime. His public persona, cultivated with decades of memorable poems and diverting essays, was burnished by appearances on public television and radio—Hall and his second wife, the poet Jane Kenyon, are the subject of a full-length 1993 PBS documentary, A Life Together—a successful stint as the nation’s poet laureate, and a 2010 visit to the White House, where he was awarded the National Medal of Arts by President Barack Obama."—Ernest Hilbert, A Life of Writing
Poetry Daily Version 2.0 for iPhone and iPod Touch is now available!
Read the daily poem, save favorites, check news links, and more, even when you're on the go. Visit the iTunes Store to download the app, and let us know what you think!
Now you can follow PD on Twitter!
We'll keep you posted on key features and news as they appear on PD.
"Roundtable on Citizen: An American Lyric"
Mark Nowak, Ruth Ellen Kocher, Nick Flynn and Carmen Giménez Smith discuss Claudia Rankine's book"
• Part I
• Part II
• From Citizen and the PD archive: Two Poems
Recently Arrived Titles
These just in... Highlighted titles may be purchased from Poetry Daily / Amazon.com. A complete list of all books and journals recently received at Poetry Daily is also available.
- The Wynona Stone Poems, Caki Wilkinson (Persea Books)
- The Autumn House Anthology of Contemporary American Poetry, Third Edition, Michael Simms, Giuliana Certo, Christine Stroud, ed.s (Autumn House Press)
- The Overhaul, Kathleen Jamie (Graywolf Press)
- Shattered Sonnets, Love Cards, and Other Off and Back Handed Importunities, Olena Kalytiak Davis (Copper Canyon Press)
- The Poem She Didn't Write and Other Poems, Olena Kalytiak Davis (Copper Canyon Press)
- Biting the Apple, Jeanie Greensfelder (Penciled In)
Original articles, interviews, selections from special collections and journal issues, and more are available in the Archives.