A Poetry Daily Prose Feature:
"Lorca writes, 'Duende is a force not a labor, a struggle not a thought. I heard an old maestro of the guitar say: 'The duende is not in the throat: the duende surges up, inside, from the soles of the feet.' Meaning, it's not a question of skill, but of a style that's truly alive: meaning, it's in the veins; meaning, it's of the most ancient culture of immediate creation.'"—Eric Pankey, Duende and Gravity
Poetry Daily Version 2.0 for iPhone and iPod Touch is now available!
Read the daily poem, save favorites, check news links, and more, even when you're on the go. Visit the iTunes Store to download the app, and let us know what you think!
Now you can follow PD on Twitter!
We'll keep you posted on key features and news as they appear on PD.
"Rabbie Burns reborn"
The Oxford Edition of the Works of Robert Burns, Volume One: Commonplace books, tour journals and miscellaneous prose, edited by Nigel Leask, reviewed by Kathryn Sutherland. (The Times Literary Supplement)
"D. A. Powell's Unruly Elegies"
Christopher Richards on Powell's Repast: Tea, Lunch, and Cocktails. (The New Yorker)
• From Repast "[autumn set us heavily to task: unrooted the dahlias]"
Recently Arrived Titles
These just in... Highlighted titles may be purchased from Poetry Daily / Amazon.com. A complete list of all books and journals recently received at Poetry Daily is also available.
- A Stranger's Mirror: New and Selected Poems 1994-2014, Marilyn Hacker (W. W. Norton & Company, Inc.)
- Between My Eye and the Light, Paul Breslin (TriQuarterly Books)
- Crow-Work, Eric Pankey (Milkweed Editions)
- The Robot Scientist's Daughter, Jeannine Hall Gailey (Mayapple Press)
- Small Rain, Barbara Crooker (purple flag)
- Unfounded, Michael Trocchia (FutureCycle Press)
- Selected Poems, Barbara Crooker (FutureCycle Press)
- The Drunken Sweetheart at My Door, Ken Meisel (FutureCycle Press)
- Amber Notes, Judith A. Rypma (FutureCycle Press)
- All These Restless Ghosts, Robert J. Levy (FutureCycle Press)
- The Goodbye Animals, Katherine Soniat (Foothills Publishing)
- Soldier On, Gale Marie Thompson (Tupelo Press)
- The Infant Scholar, Kathy Nilsson (Tupelo Press)
Original articles, interviews, selections from special collections and journal issues, and more are available in the Archives.