A Poetry Daily Prose Feature:
"Transforming a badger into a raccoon demands a Dremel tool and at least two types of saws. For my second class at Prey Taxidermy—the studio in downtown Los Angeles run by the taxidermist and former Disney employee Allis Markham—I’d signed up for the Sunday workshop called Mammal Shoulder Mounts."—Anna Journey, Modifying the Badger
Poetry Daily Version 2.0 for iPhone and iPod Touch is now available!
Read the daily poem, save favorites, check news links, and more, even when you're on the go. Visit the iTunes Store to download the app, and let us know what you think!
Now you can follow PD on Twitter!
We'll keep you posted on key features and news as they appear on PD.
John Simon reviews R. Howard Bloch's One Toss of the Dice: The Incredible Story of How a Poem Made Us Modern and Alice Kaplan's Looking for "The Stranger": Albert Camus and the Life of a Literary Classic. (The New York Times)
Recently Arrived Titles
These just in... Highlighted titles may be purchased from Poetry Daily / Amazon.com. A complete list of all books and journals recently received at Poetry Daily is also available.
- One Man's Dark, Maurice Manning (Copper Canyon Press)
- It's as Good Here as it Gets Anywhere, Greg Kosmicki (Logan House)
- Make Yourself Happy, Eleni Sikelianos (Coffee House Press)
- Almost Complete Poems, Stanley Moss (Seven Stories Press)
- How Light Leaves, James Crews (FutureCycle Press)
- The Red Hijab, Bonnie Bolling (BkMk Press)
- Down to Sleep, Scott Owens (Main Street Rag Publishing Company)
- What Blooms in Winter, Maria Mazziotti Gillan (NYQ Books)
Original articles, interviews, selections from special collections and journal issues, and more are available in the Archives.