A Poetry Daily Prose Feature:
"... The Road In Is Not the Same Road Out is Solie's best book. That Michael Hofmann includes her along with Frederick Seidel and Lawrence Joseph as an exemplar of a modern poet is telling: her voice is trenchant, variable, and up-to-the-minute. While some of Hofmann's assertions are hyperbolic, Solie is already one of Canada's most internationally acclaimed poets, needing only five books to ascend to the head of her class."—Jim Johnstone, In Transit: The Poetry of Karen Solie
Poetry Daily Version 2.0 for iPhone and iPod Touch is now available!
Read the daily poem, save favorites, check news links, and more, even when you're on the go. Visit the iTunes Store to download the app, and let us know what you think!
Now you can follow PD on Twitter!
We'll keep you posted on key features and news as they appear on PD.
"You want to know where she’s come from; you want to know where she’s going."
Dwight Garner reviews Eileen Myles's Chelsea Girls and I Must Be Living Twice: New and Selected Poems 1975-2014. (The New York Times)
Recently Arrived Titles
These just in... Highlighted titles may be purchased from Poetry Daily / Amazon.com. A complete list of all books and journals recently received at Poetry Daily is also available.
- I Ching: The Book of Change, David Hinton, tr. (Farrar, Straus and Giroux)
- Blaris Moor, Medbh McGuckian (The Gallery Press)
- The Flower and the Frozen Sea, Michelle O'Sullivan (The Gallery Press)
- Maiden Names, Martin Dyar (Arlen House)
- Original Face, Jim Peterson (Gunpowder Press)
- Paul Bunyan, Larry Beckett (Smokestack Books)
- New Selected Poems, Hans Magnus Enzensberger, tr. David Constantine, Hans Magnus Enzensberger, Michael Hamburger, Esther Kinsky (Bloodaxe Books)
- Translation, Matthew Minicucci (Kent State University Press)
- A Really Good Brown Girl, Marilyn Dumont (Brick Books)
- The Kingdom Where No One Keeps Time, Helen Ruggieri (Mayapple Press)
- Leavened, Doris Ferleger (Mayapple Press)
- Alloy, Jan Bottiglieri (Mayapple Press)
- Limitless Tiny Boat, Ruth Danon (BlazeVOX [books])
- Catch, Richard Michael Levine (Scarlet Tanager Books)
- Here at Last is Love: Selected Poems, Dunstan Thompson, ed. Gregory Wolfe (Slant)
- The Invisible Bridge / El Puente Invisible: Selected Poems of Circe Maia, Circe Maia, tr. Jesse Lee Kercheval (University of Pittsburgh Press)
- Dawn to Twilight: New and Selected Poems, Daniel Mark Epstein (Louisiana State University Press)
Original articles, interviews, selections from special collections and journal issues, and more are available in the Archives.