A Poetry Daily Prose Feature:
"I think I was enabled to think of myself as a poet during a few years in my early twenties, living in San Francisco, and knowing some of the survivors of the Jack Spicer Circle. It was clear with them that being a poet did not mean being part of any literary establishment or having the sponsorship of any publisher, but an engagement with the craft of poetry—writing, reading, discussing, criticizing, promoting poetry." —A Conversation with Marilyn Hacker
Poetry Daily Version 2.0 for iPhone and iPod Touch is now available!
Read the daily poem, save favorites, check news links, and more, even when you're on the go. Visit the iTunes Store to download the app, and let us know what you think!
Now you can follow PD on Twitter!
We'll keep you posted on key features and news as they appear on PD.
Recently Arrived Titles
These just in... Highlighted titles may be purchased from Poetry Daily / Amazon.com. A complete list of all books and journals recently received at Poetry Daily is also available.
- Entering History, Mary Stewart Hammond (W. W. Norton & Company)
- Chasing Utopia: A Hybrid, Nikki Giovanni (William Morrow)
- Brownwood, Lawrence Bridges (Tupelo Press)
- There Now, Eamon Grennan (Graywolf Press)
- Waterlines, Alison Pelegrin (Louisiana State University Press)
- Great Blue, Susan Herron Sibbet (Sixteen Rivers Press)
- Anybody, Ari Banias (W. W. Norton & Company)
- The Day's Last Light Reddens the Leaves of the Copper Beech, Stephen Dobyns (BOA Editions Ltd.)
- The End of Pink, Kathryn Nuernberger (BOA Editions Ltd.)
- Mandatory Evacuation, Peter Makuck (BOA Editions Ltd.)
- Seed in Snow, Knuts Skujenieks, tr. Bitite Vinklers (BOA Editions Ltd.)
- Primitive: The Art and Life of Horace H. Pippin, Janice N. Harrington (BOA Editions Ltd.)
- Field Guide to the End of the World, Jeannine Hall Gailey (Moon City Press)
- American Paprika, Peter Joseph Gloviczki (Salmon Poetry)
- Sometimes I Hear the Clock Speak, Lori Desrosiers (Salmon Poetry)
- Ghost of the Fisher Cat, Afric McGlinchey (Salmon Poetry)
- Meanwhile, Trees, Mark Waldron (Bloodaxe Books)
- The Magnitude of My Sublime Existence, Selima Hill (Bloodaxe Books)
- Tongulish, Rita Ann Higgins (Bloodaxe Books)
- Advanced Dancing, Laverne Frith (Authorspress)
- Pacific Standard Time, Kevin Opstedal (Ugly Duckling Presse)
- A Late Spring, and After, Robert B. Shaw (Pinyon Publishing)
- Bum Cantos, Winter Jazz, & the Collected Discography of Morning, Rustin Larson (Blue Light Press)
- The Philosopher Savant, Rustin Larson (Glass Lyre Press)
Original articles, interviews, selections from special collections and journal issues, and more are available in the Archives.