A Poetry Daily Prose Feature:
"As readers of contemporary poetry, Helen Vendler and David Lehman could not be more different or more necessary. In his Best American Poetry series, Lehman has demonstrated a big tent approach to poetry, open to the lively variety of the contemporary scene, and enlisted a range of poets as editors to address that variety and make choices for the yearly anthology. Helen Vendler, on the other hand, like other formidable critics before her, is engaged in constructing something less inclusive, for her job is to identify what will be worth reading in the future among all that is being written today."—Mark Jarman, The Judgment of Poetry
Poetry Daily Version 2.0 for iPhone and iPod Touch is now available!
Read the daily poem, save favorites, check news links, and more, even when you're on the go. Visit the iTunes Store to download the app, and let us know what you think!
Now you can follow PD on Twitter!
We'll keep you posted on key features and news as they appear on PD.
Recently Arrived Titles
These just in... Highlighted titles may be purchased from Poetry Daily / Amazon.com. A complete list of all books and journals recently received at Poetry Daily is also available.
- Flicker, Lisa Bickmore (Elixer Press)
- Iconoscope, Peter Oresick (University of Pittsburgh Press)
- Hard Love Province, Marilyn Chin (W. W. Norton & Company, Inc.)
- The Gardening Fires, Jérôme Luc Martin (The Waywiser Press)
- The Art of Scratching, Shazea Quraishi (Bloodaxe Books / Dufour Editions, Inc.)
- Alive Alive O, Greta Stoddart (Bloodaxe Books / Dufour Editions, Inc.)
- The Hole Story of Kirby the Sneak and Arlo the True, Greg Williamson (The Waywiser Press)
- The Unfixed Horizon, Medbh McGuckian (Wake Forest University Press)
- Or, The Ambiguities, Karen Weiser (Ugly Duckling Presse)
- Complicated Grief, Laura Mullen (Solid Objects)
- Of Things, Michael Donhauser / tr. by Nick Hoff and Andrew Joron (Burning Deck)
- The Daimon of the Moment: Preverbs, George Quasha (Talisman House)
- Cloud Therapy: a book about swimming, Jason Weiss (Talisman House)
- Roman Exercises, Donald Wellman (Talisman House)
- Let the Games Begin: Five Roman Writers, Versions by Peter Valente (Talisman House)
Original articles, interviews, selections from special collections and journal issues, and more are available in the Archives.